05/21/2013 at 1:18pmOklahoma Assistance Resources
DoDLive, thoughts on those affected by the storms in Oklahoma. There are many resources for those in need. They range from help with children and finances to contacts for post-traumatic stress disorder.
The following list may be useful to you or someone you know:
- The Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress provides insight on how to administer psychological first aid after a disaster or traumatic event.
- Following disasters or emergencies, the PFA Mobile app can assist responders who provide Psychological First Aid (PFA) to adults, families, and children.
- Materials in PFA Mobile are adapted from the Psychological First Aid Field Operations Guide.
- The Red Cross Database lets people list themselves as “Safe and Well,” or loved ones find missing people after a natural disaster.
- For those needing assistance with post-traumatic stress disorder, the Department of Veterans Affairs has a list of resources available.
- Financial relief may not be at the forefront of concerns immediately following a natural disaster, though the time will come when financial assistance must be considered. Each service branch offers financial resources for military families in need.